Tuesday 7 July 2009

Tomorrow i'm off to Harefield Hospital, again.
It is merely appointment to check on my progress, or lack thereof; and decide how closely i need to be watched by the transplant team, or if i can be discharged for the forseeable future. I would very much like to think it will be my last visit to this hospital for some time, but think with hindsight i will be glad i have begun a relationship with the team at this stage, and not merely when i desperately need their help. It's an early start as the hospital is some 3 hours away, but i am being chauffered by my wonderful partner- and will try and squeeze some nice food and girly magazines out of it!
I know i'm one of the lucky ones, and have many friends who only visit this hospital to be told their time is running out, and their transplant can't come soon enough.
This week is National Transplant Week, and because I can't think of a more apt or articulate way of making this plea, I am going to steal Emily's wording:
Please do something to help. People like my friends Jess and Tor are relying on us. They need us to do it now, not to put it off till tomorrow, because their tomorrows are looking very uncertain indeed. Let's give them a tomorrow.
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/default.jsp

No comments: